This episode is with Andrew Harvey, who is a documentary linguist working with speakers of two previously un-documented languages, Ihanzu and Gorwaa (Tanzania). Andrew discusses his research, the seredipitous beginning to his work with the Gorwaa community, and how community collaboration has impacted the documentation and description of Ihanzu and Gorwaa.
Things mentioned in this episode:
- Andrew’s Gorwaa deposit at ELAR: The Gorwaa Noun Phrase: Toward a Description of the Gorwaa Language
- Andrew’s website: https://www.andrewdtharvey.com
- Andrew on twitter: @andrewdtharvey
- Andrew’s email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ihanzu: https://www.andrewdtharvey.com/index.php/ihanzu/
- Gorwaa: https://www.andrewdtharvey.com/index.php/gorwaa/