This episode is with Andrew Harvey, who is a documentary linguist working with speakers of two previously un-documented languages, Ihanzu and Gorwaa (Tanzania). Andrew discusses his research, the seredipitous beginning to his work with the Gorwaa community, and how community collaboration has impacted the documentation and description of Ihanzu and Gorwaa.
Things mentioned in this episode:
- Andrew’s Gorwaa deposit at ELAR: The Gorwaa Noun Phrase: Toward a Description of the Gorwaa Language
- Andrew’s website: https://www.andrewdtharvey.com
- Andrew on twitter: @andrewdtharvey
- Andrew’s email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ihanzu: https://www.andrewdtharvey.com/index.php/ihanzu/
- Gorwaa: https://www.andrewdtharvey.com/index.php/gorwaa/
Listen here, or on your favorite podcast app! Field Notes is available on Apple Podcasts app (iPhone), Google Play Music (Android), Google Podcasts app (Android), Stitcher, Spotify, Podbean, Podcast Republic, Castbox, Player FM, and several other apps via RSS.
One thought on “Ep 7: Community Collaboration for Language Documentation in the Tanzanian Rift Valley with Andrew Harvey”