This week’s episode is with Alex Garcia (University of Barcelona). Alex works with the Northern Alta Community in the Philippines. In this episode, Alex discusses how he started working with speakers of Nothern Alta, and how he learned Northern Alta in order to conduct monolingual fieldwork.
Things mentioned in this episode
- Alex’s website
- Alex’s data on Kratylos
- Alex’s Northern Alta deposit on ELAR
- “Monolingual Fieldwork” Demonstration – Daniel Everett(from LSA)
- Alex’s equipment: Zoom H4n audio recorder, Rode NTG2 (shotgun microphone), Rode NT4 (cardioid microphone), Canon Legria HF G25 (video camera), Canon Powershot SX400 (SLR camera), Toshiba Z30 & Toshiba Satellite C55 (laptops)
- Philippine Negrito languages
- Alta on Wikipedia & Ethnologue
- Northern Alta on Wikipedia & Ethnologue
Listen here on Podbean, or on Apple Podcasts, Google Play Music, Google Podcasts, Stitcher, Spotify, or other podcast apps via RSS.