In this episode, Lyle Campbell shares stories from his work in the Americas, discusses what has changed in the field of Documentary Linguistics since he started his career, and gives some food-related advice to new field workers.
Things mentioned in this episode:
- Endangered Languages Project: http://www.endangeredlanguages.com
- Catalogue of Endangered Languages: http://ling.hawaii.edu/research-current/projects/elcat/
- Lyle Campbell’s website
- Quechuan language family on Wikipedia
- Mayan language family on Wikipedia
- Xinca language on Wikipedia & OLAC
- Documentary and Descriptive Linguistics by Nikolaus Himmelmann (1998)
- Boasian anthropology on Wikipedia
Listen here, or on your favorite podcast app! Field Notes is available on Apple Podcasts app (iPhone), Google Play Music (Android), Google Podcasts app (Android), Stitcher, Spotify, Podbean, Podcast Republic, Castbox, Player FM, and several other apps via RSS.
Transcript of this episode can be found here.