In this episode, Lyle Campbell shares stories from his work in the Americas, discusses what has changed in the field of Documentary Linguistics since he started his career, and gives some food-related advice to new field workers.
Things mentioned in this episode:
- Endangered Languages Project: http://www.endangeredlanguages.com
- Catalogue of Endangered Languages: http://ling.hawaii.edu/research-current/projects/elcat/
- Lyle Campbell’s website
- Quechuan language family: Wikipedia & Ethnologue
- Mayan language family: Wikipedia & Ethnologue
- Xinca language: Wikipedia & Ethnologue & OLAC
- Documentary and Descriptive Linguistics by Nikolaus Himmelmann (1998)
- Boasian anthropology on Wikipedia
Listen here on Podbean, or on Apple Podcasts, Google Play Music, Google Podcasts, Stitcher, Spotify, or other podcast apps via RSS.
Transcript of this episode can be found here.